Lake Kenosia Amusement Park

Lake Kenosia Amusement Park was largely the work of a visionary named Leo Leisseur. He came to Danbury in 1895 and wanted to make Lake Kenosia into Danbury’s “Coney Island.” To a large degree he was successful in his efforts. He partnered with the Danbury Trolley Co. and the Park opened officially on Memorial Day in 1895. The Park also included a theatre where the Danbury populace could view a play, concert or dance contest for a 25 cent ticket. There was also the Victorian Kenmere Hotel. Sadly Leisseur passed away in 1918 and the Park did not fare as well without his leadership.

Comments are closed.